Topic-icon WTSC 2018 - General Discussion

• Jeff Howard
  • Jeff Howard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Moderator / Donator
  • Moderator / Donator
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 1 day ago #8360 by Jeff Howard
Jeff Howard created the topic: WTSC 2018 - General Discussion
Click on the Championship Banner to be taken to the RaceConnect Series Page for this Championship

Use this forum for general discussion about the RaceConnect Weathertech Sportscar Championship 2018

Due to a recent move by ISI to discontinue RaceCast, drivers must now manually insert the IP address in order to gain entry to the server.

81.19.209.128:34299

If the above number doesn't work, then try 81.19.209.128:34298, 81.19.209.128:34299, 81.19.209.128:34300 and so on, until you find the correct server.

Jeff_Howard
Last Edit: 1 year 1 day ago by Ross Hawkey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sebastian Miranda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #9266 by Joseph Brown
Joseph Brown replied the topic: WTSC 2018 - General Discussion
How can it say GTD (GT2) - (Unlimited Entries) and yet there be a limit on the number of cars in chosen next to each make? The reason everyone chooses the F430 or 997 is because they are the most competative cars. I sort of understand why the admin would want to impose a limit on the number of people choosing each car type, but who in their right mind is going to choose to put themselves at a competative disadvantage for the sake of increasing visual prettiness? This decision isn't going to result in more variety on the grids it will simply mean smaller grids. Can this limit be removed?

Joe Brown
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Joseph Brown.

• Jeff Howard
  • Jeff Howard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Moderator / Donator
  • Moderator / Donator
More
1 year 2 months ago #9277 by Jeff Howard
Jeff Howard replied the topic: WTSC 2018 - General Discussion

Joseph Brown wrote: How can it say GTD (GT2) - (Unlimited Entries) and yet there be a limit on the number of cars in chosen next to each make? The reason everyone chooses the F430 or 997 is because they are the most competative cars. I sort of understand why the admin would want to impose a limit on the number of people choosing each car type, but who in their right mind is going to choose to put themselves at a competative disadvantage for the sake of increasing visual prettiness? This decision isn't going to result in more variety on the grids it will simply mean smaller grids. Can this limit be removed?

This has been a slight oversight that I actually had similar feelings over some weeks back. The slight advantage of the 997s and 430s does seem unfair to limit, pressing others to take cars of lesser (albeit slight) performance. For that reason, in the GT2 class only, all "Max Car" restrictions will be lifted.

Jeff_Howard

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #11347 by Ramon Llupart
Ramon Llupart replied the topic: WTSC 2018 - General Discussion
I have a question regarding the next race of the championship in Lime Rock.

So, can we P2 guys join the race with GT2's, like wild cards or something? I think a grid with nearly 30 GT's could be epic. :lol:

XYlagimio

• Lukáš Vydra
  • Moderator / Donator
  • Moderator / Donator
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #11352 by Lukáš Vydra
Lukáš Vydra replied the topic: WTSC 2018 - General Discussion
I really don't know how Jeff was planning that, but not giving P2-guys a chance to race is nonsense. Maybe a car choice in Lime Rock forum for P2 drivers, who can select GT2 car for that event would work.

LukasVydra

• Ross Hawkey
  • Administrator / Donator
  • Administrator / Donator
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #11354 by Ross Hawkey
Ross Hawkey replied the topic: WTSC 2018 - General Discussion

Ramon Llupart wrote: I have a question regarding the next race of the championship in Lime Rock.

So, can we P2 guys join the race with GT2's, like wild cards or something? I think a grid with nearly 30 GT's could be epic. :lol:

This is a series that Jeff setup, and he followed the 'real life series', which has GT2's ONLY on this circuit (I didn't change the server car selection, but will if it causes confusion).

IT'S A GT2 ONLY event, so those guys who normally race P2's are welcome to join the race in a GT2 and race (and score points in the GT2 class). But there will be NO P2's at Lime Rock.

Yes, I think it'd be a lot of fun.

Ross Hawkey
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ramon Llupart

Moderators: Lukáš Vydra
Time to create page: 0.578 seconds

PayPal Donations

Subscription Options