Topic-icon WEC 2018 - General Discussion

• Jeff Howard
  • Jeff Howard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Moderator / Donator
  • Moderator / Donator
More
1 year 1 month ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #8367 by Jeff Howard
Jeff Howard created the topic: WEC 2018 - General Discussion
Click on the Championship Banner to be taken to the RaceConnect Series Page for this Championship

Use this forum for general discussion about the RaceConnect World Endruance Championship 2018

Due to a recent move by ISI to discontinue RaceCast, drivers must now manually insert the IP address in order to gain entry to the server.

81.19.209.128:34298

If the above number doesn't work, then try 81.19.209.128:34298, 81.19.209.128:34299, 81.19.209.128:34300 and so on, until you find the correct server.

Jeff_Howard
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Ross Hawkey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #8647 by Dmitri Buksha
Dmitri Buksha replied the topic: WEC 2018 - General Discussion
Looking at registration thread, if it's not going to pick up on P2 in upcoming month, maybe it's better to drop it and leave P1 and GT2 only ? And leave P2 for american championship...

acc

• Jeff Howard
  • Moderator / Donator
  • Moderator / Donator
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #8649 by Jeff Howard
Jeff Howard replied the topic: WEC 2018 - General Discussion

Dmitri Buksha wrote: Looking at registration thread, if it's not going to pick up on P2 in upcoming month, maybe it's better to drop it and leave P1 and GT2 only ? And leave P2 for american championship...

It's a thought, being as sometimes near the end of the season the numbers can get quite low in either class. I don't want to make that decision though! I just manage the selections for this series! :)

Jeff_Howard
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Jeff Howard.

• Ross Hawkey
  • Administrator / Donator
More
1 year 1 month ago #8659 by Ross Hawkey
Ross Hawkey replied the topic: WEC 2018 - General Discussion
We'll see how entries go.

I'd like to see a strong P2 entry.

Ideally we'd have say 10-12 P1s', 10-12 P2's and 15-20 GTE's, and from those, get around 35 turn up for each race.

The P2 races I've been in have been great. I've found myself in close battles (especially in the early stages) and I've luckily gone on to win 6 of the 7 races I've entered. I chose the P1 this year(though I'll get beaten soundly), because in P2, I'd had a great run of wins, and didn't want to discourage anyone from joining that class.

I don't like putting drivers in 'divisions', but feel that having a P2 class that's more 'open' to different winners would be great. If I'd not been racing in P2 this year, we'd have seen 4 different P2 winners in the Championship to date. Also, we've also seen 7 different Third place spots.

Let's see how the P2 entry goes, but if most of the 2017 P2 drivers stick with P2 for 2018, then it'll be a fantastic competitive Class for many to be involved in.

Ross Hawkey

• Jeff Howard
  • Moderator / Donator
  • Moderator / Donator
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #8664 by Jeff Howard
Jeff Howard replied the topic: WEC 2018 - General Discussion

Ross Hawkey wrote: Though it looks like everyone's going to jump to P1.

Personally, I don't think that;s a good thing, as there are already a few very fast drivers in P1, and a few P2's will just get blown away (including me), and get disheartened and give up.

I'd far rather see a few jump to P2, and as I've said, I will if it means more of us in P2.

Having something like 18 P1's and 18 GTE's in the race isn't a great mix.

So let's say then that from this point, if there are any more P1 drops before the start of the season, those who have already chosen a car cannot change their entry to a P1? That may be the best way to combat such a thing. I know we still have a few names out there who raced in P1 in 2017 that may want to give it another go but haven't chosen anything yet.

Jeff_Howard
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Jeff Howard.

• Ross Hawkey
More
1 year 1 month ago #8666 by Ross Hawkey
Ross Hawkey replied the topic: WEC 2018 - General Discussion
I've re-posted this as Jeff posted before I did.

Though it looks like everyone's going to jump to P1.

Personally, I don't think that;s a good thing, as there are already a few very fast drivers in P1, and a few P2's will just get blown away (including me), and get disheartened and give up.

I'd far rather see a few jump to P2, and as I've said, I will if it means more of us in P2.

Having something like 18 P1's and 18 GTE's in the race isn't a great mix.

Personally, I look at the car choice list already, and think that:

Eric Moinet, Lor Rezo, Olivier Fangio, Ramon Llupart, Jorge Herrera should all be in the P2 class, as against the pace of the likes of Jeff, Dmitri, Rino & Nikolay, it could be disheartening. Add Marco Capacci, Alex Freitas, Michael Labelle, and Norman Bruce to that list, who have all picked up P2 podiums in 2017, and I'd not be able to call a winner from that list from one race to the next. However, in P1, unless Jeff, Dmitri or Rino have a DC or DNF, then no one (including myself) from the above list will be winning any races, or even getting a podium.

Would have a far better championship battling it out in P2 (and I'd include myself in that, as i the early stages of every race, I'm on a similar pace to the likes of Eric, Lor, Olivier, Ramon and Jorge. The only difference is that I somehow manage to do it for 2hrs, and end up with a win).

However, everyone's welcome to join any class, and I'm sorry if anyone's offended by any suggestion of speed/ability, it's just my opinion, and I want everyone to have a great championship.

Ross Hawkey

Moderators: Eric MoinetLukáš Vydra
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds

PayPal Donations

Subscription Options